Wednesday, September 6, 2017

He's Baaack... TOM SHANNON Returns with a New Show and a New Partner (Sort of)

UPDATE: The first "Marriage... Honestly!" podcast went live on October 9, 2017. To listen, visit this link.

After a 10-year hiatus, popular Central Pennsylvania radio personality Tom Shannon is once again entertaining audiences - this time with his real-life wife, author Stephanie Hoover. Together the duo produces and hosts a podcast called, Marriage... Honestly! - a witty and topical half-hour show featuring frank discussion of the good, the bad and the funny truths about marriage.

In the decade since Shannon left Lancaster's then-WROZ (now Fun 101.3) many things have changed, including the radio industry itself.

What hasn't changed is Shannon's wife of 30 years, Stephanie Hoover, the author of seven traditionally published books for adults and children. A celebrity in her own right, Stephanie has appeared on, and conducted research for, several national broadcast networks including Travel Channel. "I'm not the radio star in the family," admits Hoover, "but I'm confident I've got something to add to the podcast. Besides, I get to work with the funniest guy I know. How much better could life possibly get?"

The Marriage... Honestly! podcast is a free, 30-minute mini-variety show comprised of news, discussion, quizzes, contests and interviews. Shannon and Hoover will initially produce two episodes per week, but plan to bump up to five shows per week in the future.

"I've certainly missed my loyal listeners," Shannon admits, "but I don't miss playing the same 200 songs over and over again. With Marriage... Honestly! I hope to reconnect with my fans and make new ones, and the best part is, I don't have to get up at 2:30 in the morning to do it."

Unlike live radio broadcasts, podcasts are recorded shows the audience can listen to on demand, on their laptop, tablet or mobile device. "The beauty of podcasts," says Shannon, "is that - unlike my morning shows - listeners can go back and hear podcasts they missed, or play the current podcast more than once."

Marriage... Honestly! debuts October 2017. For updates, click on the Podcasts tab.